- UPC team patents specific fibre-based material currently being used to rehabilitate the Gaudí House Museum in Barcelona’s Park Güell
- UPC develops an advanced traffic management system to reduce costs and pollution
- The UPC builds a new high-performance cave automatic virtual environment that functions with gesture recognition
- Samsung backs UPC-led project to develop graphene-based micro-antennas
- Artificial atoms allow for magnetic resonance on individual cells
Instrumentation, Sensors and Interfaces Group
Research, at the system on board (SoB) level, on:
1) Autonomous sensors and wireless sensor networks for agro-environment applications, smart buildings, intelligent traffic systems, and body area networks.
a. Harvesting of solar, RF, pyroelectric, and wind energy.
2) Biomedical sensors for e-health, home health care, active healthy ageing, ambient assisted living, telemonitoring, and proactive and preventive medicine.
a. Passive vital sign monitors embedded in chairs, seats, weighing scales, bed linen.
3) Engineering solutions for disabled people.
a. Augmented and alternative communication.
4) Instrumentation methods based on impedance measurements, including spectroscopy and tomography.
a. Electrolyte conductivity measurements based on resistive electrodes.
1) Advice and guidance on EMC and Signal Integrity.
2) Automated systems based on LabView.