- UPC NanoSat Lab develops nanosatellite for launch in 2014
- NASA has launched with UPC scientific experiment on board
- The UPC heads a European project that will take 3G to the heart of the Peruvian jungle
- UPC researchers have discovered a technique to produce cheaper and more flexible multiple thin crystalline silicon wafers
- UPC team patents specific fibre-based material currently being used to rehabilitate the Gaudí House Museum in Barcelona’s Park Güell
Instrumentation, Sensors and Interfaces Group
Research, at the system on board (SoB) level, on:
1) Autonomous sensors and wireless sensor networks for agro-environment applications, smart buildings, intelligent traffic systems, and body area networks.
a. Harvesting of solar, RF, pyroelectric, and wind energy.
2) Biomedical sensors for e-health, home health care, active healthy ageing, ambient assisted living, telemonitoring, and proactive and preventive medicine.
a. Passive vital sign monitors embedded in chairs, seats, weighing scales, bed linen.
3) Engineering solutions for disabled people.
a. Augmented and alternative communication.
4) Instrumentation methods based on impedance measurements, including spectroscopy and tomography.
a. Electrolyte conductivity measurements based on resistive electrodes.
1) Advice and guidance on EMC and Signal Integrity.
2) Automated systems based on LabView.